American Horse Council seeks Membership Coordinator
The American Horse Council, located in the heart of Washington, DC, seeks a Membership Coordinator. This is for someone who is looking for a chance to show what they can do as the lead membership professional for this small staff organization.
We are a flexible and team oriented environment. We are looking for someone who wants to lead a strategy development plan for the next 5+ years of growing member value and engagement to create meaningful growth in renewal and recruitment. You will need to be able to be self-directed, take charge and propose strategy but as in all small staffs organizations you should expect to roll up sleeves for everyday tasks. We all help each other, we all contribute and we all share in a caring, warm environment that extends to the service we provide members.
The Coordinator has primary responsibility for membership retention, recruitment and satisfaction. The Coordinator is responsible for developing a membership program that engages and provides valuable features, positioning the organization as a must-have membership. The Coordinator develops creative and compelling recruitment and retention plans that increase our membership roster and achieve annual KPIs. The Coordinator oversees all data sources, including the AMS, and is responsible for of information disseminated to the Association’s members, partners, and other key audiences. The Coordinator ensures top quality customer service to members and advises staff on best practices and Association policy related to membership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Member Engagement, Programming & Customer Service
- Oversee features and programs to ensure positive, engaging experiences that surpass member expectations and advance the organization’s mission.
- Develop comprehensive communication programs to inform and engage members from onboarding through renewal.
- Track satisfaction with the member programs through ongoing member conversations, ad-hoc surveys and polls, and the annual member survey.
- Develop new member features based on member feedback and needs that position AHC as a critical must-have membership
- Supervise or directly respond to all membership inquiries.
- Ensure that all staff provide exceptional customer service to members as needed, responding to complex and routine questions as well as requests for additional information.
Member Retention and Recruitment
- Develop the annual membership recruitment and retention plan of creative and compelling recruitment and retention activities, including goals, communications and activities, required staff time and resources, and corresponding budget that increase our membership roster and achieve annual KPIs.
- Direct the implementation of membership recruitment and retention activities, tracking the ROI of such activities and adjusting plans accordingly.
- Identify new channels of communications to reach new and existing audiences.
- Responsible for marketing communications and public relations including social media platforms
- Identify and pursue opportunities to partner with entities that share audiences to increase target market.
Budgeting, Reporting & AMS Oversight
- Create the annual budget for membership.
- Prepare monthly analysis of the state of membership and progress toward annual KPIs for the Executive Team and Board liaison.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports to track performance versus budget.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact within the organization for the AMS, becoming proficient in its mechanics, benefits and limitations.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data.
- Resolve issues that arise with its performance.
State Councils, Organizational Members & Board Liaison
- Present at Board meetings on the state of membership as well as new initiatives under consideration.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Membership Committee along with President.
- Work with staff to solidify relationships with Councils and Organizational members, membership committee as appropriate.
Sponsorship & Partner Management
- Recruit, support and manage relationships with sponsors.
- Coordinate with partners to identify and implement member benefits; e.g. US Chamber
- Prepare monthly reports and ensure such reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Design and produce Annual Directory, Annual Report, and various brochures
- Coordinate and draft electronic communications including AHC newsletters, updates, tax bulletins, etc.
- Draft press releases, and support social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- College degree plus 5+ years of experience specifically in association membership required.
- Ability to develop detailed plans, projects, and budgets.
- Familiarity with AMS systems in general. Proficiency with Salesforce and Exact Target is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe InDesign, Photo Shop and other graphic design tools
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience creating positive and productive relationships with members, volunteers, board members, and fellow staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and successfully accomplish multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative, self-motivation, perseverance and commitment to getting the job done.
This is a full time, salaried position that requires regular office hours (i.e. this is not a remote/telecommuting position), as the staff member must interface and collaborate with colleagues routinely. Limited business travel required.
Salary commensurate with experience and skills. Outstanding benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick leave.
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to AHC President, Julie Broadway, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sept. 4th at 5 PM ET. No phone calls please. Direct hire – no recruiters.