Is my membership renewal due on the anniversary of my join date, or is the membership term based on the calendar year?
Membership renewal is done on an anniversary basis. For example, if you join in June of 2015, your membership would not be due for renewal until June 2016.
What are the different categories of membership?
Individual Membership (account in your name)
Individual members have 1 email address on file that receives the AHC newsletter, Washington updates, Action alerts, are members of the congressional calvary, and have access to the member portal
- Basic $60
- Premium $125
- Supporter $500
- Student $25
Business (account in the business name)
Business members have 2 email addresses on file that receive the AHC newsletter, Washington updates, Action alerts, Tax Bulletins and have access to the member portal
- Basic $100
- Premium $250
- Supporter $500
- Supporter PLUS $2500 (qualifies for committee seat)
Association/Organization members have 4 emails on file that receive the AHC newsletter, Washington Update, Action Alerts and members of the Equine Executive Forum and receive an annual legislative report for their annual membership meeting.
- State horse council $350
- Basic $750
- Premium $2500 (qualifies for committee seat)
- All other association/organization membership levels please contact AHC at email@example.com
What does Individual Membership get me?
A few of the benefits of Individual Membership:
- Up to the Minute Updates, Delivered to Your Inbox AHC Members receive news briefs and breaking policy updates, keeping you informed about important issues for our industry in Congress and the federal agencies. An AHC Membership will help keep you on top of what’s going on in Washington– you won’t miss a thing.
- A Voice on Capitol Hill The AHC is the only organization that represents every segment of the industry in Congress, and we rely on our members to help us “Put More Horsepower in Congress.” Through our AHC Action Alerts we coordinate with our members to influence federal policy.
- Savings through the AHC Advantage Plan Your membership with the AHC entitles you to special savings on products used for your equine farm, business, or even person use! Discounts are currently available with Nationwide Insurance, John Deere, Sherwin-Williams, OfficeMax, UPS and Prescription Drug Card. You can buy products cirectly from these companies at reduced prices!
Who can be a member of the American Horse Council (AHC)?
Anyone can be a member! Whether you are a horse owner, breeder, trainer, veterinarian, CPA for a client with horses, equine lawyer, heavily involved in the industry, or simply enjoy the occasional trail ride with your horse, anyone with an investment in the industry should become a member of the AHC to ensure its continued success.
Who should join as an Individual Member?
Individual Membership is geared towards those with a personal interest in the equine industry, or those that support the AHC’s mission. Individual memberships are limited to a single person per account.
Who should join as an Organizational Member?
Organizational memberships are geared towards those organizations, corporations and agencies not only invested in the industry, but also interested in supporting the AHC’s mission, working with and supporting the industry as a whole, and increasing the visibility of your organization. More information and benefits of Organizational membership can be found here.