United Horse Coalition – Director
The United Horse Coalition(UHC) is an organization which seeks through industry collaboration to promote education and options for at-risk and transitioning horses. Previously known as the “Unwanted Horse Coalition”, the UHC represents a broad alliance of equine organizations that have joined together under the American Horse Council(AHC) to serve as a central source to help horse owners learn about resources available, provide information to potential adoptees and serve as a gateway to educational content across the industry related to at-risk and transitioning horses.
The UHC Director provides primary oversight and execution of the UHC activities, and works collaboratively with the UHC Executive Committee and AHC staff to ensure the program’s sustainability.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all matters related to the UHC.
- Work closely with AHC leadership and UHC committees to create strategic, financial, and operational plans in line with the UHC’s mission and vision.
- Develop relationships with industry organizations to further the UHC mission through membership, sponsorship, and direct engagement.
- Design and carry out all communication, marketing, public relations and donor stewardship efforts using both print and electronic platforms – including social media and electronic newsletters
- Create and/or update all educational materials and website content
- Address questions and concerns as well as provide information, direct callers to resources and review prospective solutions for placement or adoption of horses
- Individual with understanding and commitment to the mission, with prior experience in equine aftercare field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to network and collaborate with industry partners to identify and leverage existing AHC and partner content
- Ability to identify gaps in content and develop collateral to fill needs
- Experience with InDesign and WordPress a plus.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
This is a part-time position (16-20 hours per week) which may be performed remotely/telecommuting during normal business hours. We will jointly define a schedule when you are offered the position. On occasion you may be requested to participate in conference calls and/or in-person meetings with advance notice.
To be successful while working at home, you must be comfortable using technology. We’ll train you on using our systems, but we expect you to be comfortable navigating between programs, communicating electronically, and doing basic troubleshooting on your equipment. You will need to efficiently handle inquiries and concerns.
Persons interested should send cover letter, resume and references to Julie Broadway, AHC President at email@example.com no later than December 17th at 5 PM ET. No phone calls please. Direct hire – no recruiters.