While the AHC’s mission is to advocate for the social, economic and legislative interests of the United States equine industry, we also believe it is important to educate the general public about the benefits of horse-related activities.
Additionally, several informational links are provided for those already actively involved in the industry.
So you don’t think riding provides any health benefits? Think again! Check out this handy postcard on the health benefits of riding!
Disaster and Emergency Preparedness is becoming more critical for not only humans, but equines as well.
Emergency and Disaster Preparedness- American Association of Equine Practitioners
Owner Emergency and Disaster Preparedness– American Association of Equine Practitioners
Natural Disaster: Are you and your horse ready?– TheHorse.com (interactive test)
How to Help Those Affected by a Natural Disaster:
- United States Equestrian Federation Equine Disaster Relief Fund
- National HBPA Disaster Relief Fund
- AAEP Foundation Disaster Relief Fund
- PATH International Disaster Relief Fund
Already involved in the industry and looking for something specific? We can help you there!
FEDERAL & OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- AHC’s National Equine Health Plan
- AHC’s National Welfare Code of Practice
- Animal Admission Requirements by State
- Congressional Horse Caucus List
- National Animal Health Surveillance System
- National Center for Animal Health Emergency Management
- United States Animal Health Offices (State Veterinarians)
- United States Department of Agriculture
- United States Animal Health Emergency Management
- USDA’s Animal Health Monitoring & Surveillance
- USDA’s Animal Disease Traceability