The Equine Disease Communication Center is pleased to offer an internship during the Summer, 2019. This internship is designed to prepare in individual for a career in education and/or communications in the equine industry.
An EDCC Intern will be expected to learn and perform the following duties:
- Become familiar with the communications and educational mission of the EDCC;
- Learn the communication standards of the EDCC;
- Utilize the EDCC database to create disease reports;
- Develop skills in writing and posting disease alerts for the EDCC website and social media;
- Create and/or review disease or biosecurity factsheets for the EDCC;
- Investigate needs and preferences for horse owner communications
- Create articles for publication in horse owner and veterinary literature;
- Learn about the role of State and Federal Animal Health Officials in investigating and mitigating equine diseases;
- Become familiar with the National Equine Health Plan;
- Become aware of the American Association of Equine Practitioners’ goals and activities.
The EDCC is offering a two-month internship with a flexible starting date between May 1st and July 15th, 2019. The intern will be located at the American Association of Equine Practitioners office in Lexington, Kentucky. The internship stipend is $500 per month. Applications should be sent to Bailey McCallum at email@example.com.